Sunday, September 9, 2012

Rolling with the punches

An odd event happened at the school today.  Truthfully, it happened yesterday, but we only discovered it today.  The air conditioner (from what I understand) in a grade 3 classroom caught fire.  No one was hurt, but the damage looks to be fairly extensive.  All in all about five classrooms have been effected.  So, the students were sent home early in order to make sure everything was safe.  Sadly, teachers were expected to stay.  An odd choice by the non-academic side of our school, but we have to roll with the punches. 

Despite not teaching today, I feel like I haven't sat still.  I have got a pile of things accomplished that weren't even really on my to-do list yet.  I probably still would have got these done at home in my Ottawa Senators jersey and shorts, but we roll with the punches.  Nevertheless, I was able to create my second set of skill crafting worksheets.  I haven't even introduced the crafting section of my classroom to the students yet (I was going to do that today, actually), so I am ahead of the game.  If the students complete the first set they will be awarded the Noun Navigator badge on Edmodo.  Completing the second set will earn them the Sentence Builder badge.

Other than that, I was able to copy things that needed copied, I finished the introductory stories for my classes (I'll post these later), and I got myself organized.  With all this productivity, I decided to write up a quick blog post.  Amanda is telling me that the bus is waiting for me.  Out we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment